Welsh Athletics have confirmed dates for the staging of Throws and Track Pilot Events on consecutive weekends in August.
Athletics Competition has been suspended in Wales for the past five months and these four pilot events will be the first formal organised fixture by Welsh Athletics to take place since the Welsh Schools Cross Country Championships at Brecon on 11th March.
This weekend will see the Ron Jones Stadium in Aberdare host four field events - hammer, shot, discus and javelin on Saturday 22nd August before 24 hours later on Sunday 23rd August, the 100m, 200m and 800m track distances will be held at Swansea University Athletics Track with twenty-four races scheduled over three hours.
Athletes in the under 15 and under 17 age groups will be involved on Saturday and Sunday. Up to 8 athletes in each discipline could enter the throws whilst the limit for all three track events was 24.
Under 20 and seniors were first to compete weekend last, also at Aberdare and Swansea, where four field events were completed and 15 races on the track with around 50 athletes taking part altogether over both days.
Numbers able to compete and attend will be restricted due to the current Welsh Government guidelines where outdoor gathering can take place up to 30 people.
In total, twelve Carmarthen Harriers members were fast enough to enter the junior pilot events and will all be in action this weekend (22nd and 23rd August).
#TrackisBack: Latest Results will be posted on the Carmarthen Harriers Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages throughout the weekend, and a round-up on www.carmarthenharriers.co.uk on Sunday evening.
All Entries for Aberdare and Swansea were sold out in the matter of hours as expected, and no other entries will be accepted.
- No spectators are permitted. Each athlete will be allowed to nominate one individual to accompany them to the event, who will need to be pre-declared. No other persons will be permitted into the venue on competition day.
- Athletes are not permitted to enter more than one event at any competition.
- Athletes must ensure that they are up-to-date with both their club and Welsh Athletics registrations for 2020. No athlete will be permitted to enter unless they are fully registered.
- A one-way system will be in operation at the event, which will be communicated to athletes prior to the event. This must be strictly adhered to.
- Athletes will be given designated arrival and departure times dependent on the event they have entered. This times must be strictly adhered to. Athletes will not be permitted to remain in the facility after the conclusion of their competition.
- Due to current hygiene and venue regulations, there will be no catering available at the event.
- There will be no changing facilities available, however toilet access will be provided by the facility.
- Athletes will be required to confirm on entering the event that they are free from COVID-19 symptoms, or symptoms of any other illness. They will also be required to re-declare this on the day of the event. Temperature testing will be in place for all entering the venue.
The Full Line Up / Venues / Event Information
Saturday 22nd August
Junior Throws Pilot Event - U15, U17
Ron Jones Stadium, Aberdare
Maximum number of athletes in each event: 8
Events: Shot, Hammer, Discus, Javelin
START LISTS & RESULTS: https://data.opentrack.run/en-gb/x/2020/GBR/wathrows/event/
Sunday 23rd August
Junior Track Pilot Event - U15, U17
Swansea University Athletics Stadium
Maximum number of athletes in each event: 24
Events: 100m, 200m, 800m
START LISTS & RESULTS: https://data.opentrack.run/en-gb/x/2020/GBR/watrack/event/