Following the Welsh Government announcement last week, around the re-starting of Sporting activities and team sports outdoors in Wales which allows larger gatherings of up to 30 people outdoors (Friday 10th July), Carmarthen Harriers club training will re-start gradually in the coming weeks.
Training sessions will re-commence gradually on the weekend of Saturday 18th July followed by Thursday evenings and Saturday afternoons weekly using the track facility at Parc Y Scarlets in Pemberton Llanelli SA14 9UZ as a result of the Carmarthen Leisure Centre track being out of use whilst it is being refurbished.
Other venues in the county are also being discussed and planned.
All coaches will follow specific protocols that have been developed by Welsh Athletics and UKA Athletics, measures have been implemented and a risk assessment carried out before return of club activity.
Important Points to note (Set out for Parc Y Scarlets, Llanelli at present):
- Due to limited spaces and a maximum number on gatherings currently (30), Training will start off by arrangement by coach on phone, WhatsApp or email. Competing athletes will take priority.
- Only those who have registered/renewed their membership for 2020-2021 will be able to to attend training.
- Each group will be split/zoned at different points of the track with their coaches.
- Maximum 12 to operate and to work in smaller groups.
- Only athletes/coaches/volunteers will be allowed on the track.
- No one to use the stand. No toilet facilities.
- There will be no track fees for training during this time.
- All athletes/coaches/volunteers to bring hand sanitiser.
- Only one entry point.
- Athletes are advised to Run responsibly, Leave adequate space between themselves and other runners, and overtake only when safe to do so.
- First aid / PPE in place and qualified doctor on site. Use of hand thermometer prior to each training session. Price Phillip Hospital @ 2 miles away.
- Members attend training in training clothes and go home in the same clothes - get changed in the car.
- All athletes required to complete an online health questionnaire and disclaimer prior to training starting. Verbal questionnaire at the start of each session delivered by the coach with a register.
- Record keeping will help with track and trace if neccessary.
- Coaches will continue to set training schedules as they have done during lockdown for those that aren't able to attend training (by arrangement)
In order to attend a training session, all athletes must click on the below link and fill the attached form and submit it, where it will be sent to the Club Secretary.
Without the form being completed prior to a training session, members will not be able to come back to training within groups until it is done.
Parents/carers MUST consider the following questions before allowing their athlete to train. If the answer to any of the questions is 'yes' then please do not bring your athlete to training.
Do you or anybody in your household have a diagnosis of COVID19? Do you or anybody in your household have any of these symptoms: high temperature, new or continuous cough or loss of smell and taste? Are you or anybody in your household self-isolating?